Cool Stance is premium quality coconut (copra) meal, made from the white part of the coconut, which is dried, baked and ground. It is totally natural and is chemical and GMO free. It is assured quality and routinely tested for Aflatoxins.
The oil in Cool Stance (coconut oil) is saturated and rich in Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCT). This means it is highly stable (not prone to rancidity) and can provide your horse with ready, non glucose energy. Most horses love the taste of Cool Stance. It is rich in quality protein, and the oil may assist with coat condition. Cool Stance contains only 11% NSC (sugar and starch) and has a high content of digestible energy. Cool Stance may support horses with metabolic disorders including tying up, laminitis or excitable behavior.
100% pure coconut meal
- Cool Stance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 25 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fiber (1630 calories/lbs. DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behavior in horses
- Contains < 11% Non-Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low GI (glycemic index) feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, and flax seed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested
- MCT are thought to maintain a healthy gut
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May lead to a better body, hoof, and coat condition
- Reduces hay requirement
- May help to avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS).