Cool Stance is premium quality coconut (copra) meal, made from the white part of the coconut, which is dried, baked and ground. It is totally natural and is chemical and GMO free. It is assured quality and routinely tested for Aflatoxins.
The oil in Cool Stance (coconut oil) is saturated and rich in Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCT). This means it is highly stable (not prone to rancidity) and can provide your horse with ready, non glucose energy.
Most horses love the taste of Cool Stance. It is rich in quality protein, and the oil may assist with coat condition. Cool Stance contains only 11% NSC (sugar and starch) and has a high content of digestible energy. Cool Stance may support horses with metabolic disorders including tying up, laminitis or excitable behavior.
100% pure coconut meal
- Cool Stance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 25 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fiber (1630 calories/lbs. DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behavior in horses
- Contains < 11% Non-Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low GI (glycemic index) feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, and flax seed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested
- MCT are thought to maintain a healthy gut
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May lead to a better body, hoof, and coat condition
- Reduces hay requirement
- May help to avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS).
|Horse||Level of activity||Cool Stance|
|Foals||Free choice in creep feeder|
|Weanlings||After 3 months of age||1.1 – 2.2|
|Broodmares||First 2 trimesters||2.2 – 6.6|
|Wet mares||Early lactation||6.6 – 8.8|
|Horses on Layoff or in Recovery||Not in work||1.1 – 2.2|
|Heavy||6.6 – 8.8|
- Cool Stance should be introduced gradually into the diet over a period of 10-14 days. It can be fed in a mixed feed with chaff and/or other grains and concentrates or on its own.
- Cool Stance can be wet-down to form a mash or it can be fed dry, provided that plenty of clean drinking water is also available (this enables the horse to regulate its intake of Cool Stance and water).
- Feeding wet: Cool Stance will absorb at least three times its own weight in water. For example place 2 lbs. Cool Stance in a bucket and add 2 quarts of water. Since Cool Stance contains only low levels of sugar and starch (NSC), you can leave it soaking for hours. Many horse owners prepare the evening feed after the morning feed.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of sunlight.
- Cool Stance must be fed in conjunction with additional roughage such as hay and/or pasture to ensure the horse obtains sufficient long fiber.
- If possible, split the horse’s hard feed between 2 or 4 feeds per day.
- Cool Stance has a shelf life of 24 months from the date written on the bottom of the bag.
To get the best results with the Stance Equine Feeding System:
- Remove all grain and grain-based feed from the diet.
- Feed Cool Stance copra at the rate recommended, depending upon work or exercise levels.
- Feed a quality grass hay or pasture to provide the remainder of the diet.
- Provide fresh, clean water. A good way to think about water is to ask yourself “would I drink this?”.
- Depending on your soil, grass and hay profile, Cool Stance® needs to be fed with a balanced mineral and vitamin supplement. Most soils are too depleted to provide horses with adequate minerals and vitamins. We recommend Medicine Bag Complete as a valuable choice.
- Horses were designed to eat little and often and usually graze for 16-18 hours per day. Feeding twice per day may cause “insulin spikes” which can predispose horses to insulin resistance. This can be avoided by dividing the meals into 3 or 4 feedings a day. If feeding more than twice per day is not practical, feed the hay in a “slow feeding” hay net which forces the horse to eat the hay over many hours.
- Remove all treats that contain sugar or starch.
|Typical Medium Chain Triglycerides (MTC) in CoolStance Copra (% in the oil)|
|Caprylic (C:8) and Capric (C:10)||5-18%|